[IMPORTANT] Are You Ready to Vote on April 2nd?

From: Rongal Watson <watsonrd_at_beloit.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 18:40:28 -0600

*Hey Beloiters! *
Did you know that there is an election on April 2nd in Beloit? It will
include the presidential primary (check out the most recent Round Table to
learn about Michigan’s results!), City Council, and an Operational
Referendum Ballot Question related to Beloit school system funding! We
encourage you to cast your vote on these important questions and are here
to support you in doing so.

To find out more about how to vote, including voting early, check out:
https://www.beloitwi.gov/elections

*For more information about voting as a Beloit College student, check out:
https://www.beloit.edu/for-beloiters/voting-guide/how-to-vote/
<https://www.beloit.edu/for-beloiters/voting-guide/how-to-vote/>*
If you 1) are an eligible voter in the United States 2) haven’t voted yet
this spring and 3) live on campus, you can use your school ID to register
to vote at the Clerk’s Office before the election and at the polls on
election day! In-person voting for the Spring Election will be on April 2
at the First Congregational Church (801 Bushnell St, Beloit, WI 53511) from
7 am until 8 pm.

To help get out the vote, we encourage you to:
Register to vote ahead of time!
You can register at the City Clerk’s office located on the second floor of
City Hall (100 State Street, 17-minute walk from campus) between Monday –
Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You may register until 5:00 p.m. on the
Friday before the Election- March 29, 2024 ( For April 2, 2024 Election).

If you’d benefit from a ride to the City Clerk’s office to register to
vote, please fill out this form to gauge interest in a shuttle.

Join us for C-Haus Trivia on March 28! There will be silly questions, swag,
and information about voting. It’s possible we’ll have a guest speaker
discussing the Referendum question, too!

*Vote on April 2! We will lead walking groups and van shuttles. Follow us
on Instagram for more information _at_BeloitVotes! Share this information with
your friends!*
Thank you!
Why Bother, WI? Beloit

*PS - we meet Monday’s at 4:00 in MI. Reach out to Professor Ron Watson to
get connected with the students! We’d love to have you on our team. *
--
"Science is the search for truth, that is the effort to understand the
world: it involves the rejection of bias, of dogma, of revelation, but not