[EVENT] Candlelight vigil in honor of Jaahnavi Kandula

From: Angi Olesen <olesena_at_beloit.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 09:16:41 -0500

On October 9, 2023, please join Students for an Inclusive Campus and Asia
Pacific Students' Association for a candlelight vigil in honor of Jaahnavi
Kandula at 6 PM starting at the Wall, then walking to Eaton Chapel. This
will be a great way to show up for our Indian/South Asian students at
Beloit College.

I want to express my profound gratitude to my fellow organizers and
advisors for making this event happen. I want to thank Kidist Zewde
Demisse, Jaden Delarosa, Daksha Howard, Aadi Joshi, and Abhishek Shekhar
for helping me put this event together and bring it to our community. This
would not have been done without the tireless effort of these colleagues
and mentors. My heart is full and I am so proud of each of you for our
collaboration and teamwork on this vigil. Thank you so much!

Warmly,

Joya Saxena
she/her
Beloit College '25
Political Science & Sociology double major
Program Coordinator for Students for an Inclusive Campus
Program Assistant for the Weissberg Program in Human Rights & Social Justice
Intern at the Rock County Public Defender's Office
"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it
has gone through to achieve that beauty." -Maya Angelou

--
Angi Olesen, MA
*She/Her/Hers*