[Important] Seeking Script Suggestions for the Beloit College Theatre Season 2024-2025

From: Alicia Bailey <baileya_at_beloit.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:31:01 -0500

Calling all theatre fans!

The Theatre and Dance department invites your input for our 2023-24 season.
All students, staff, and faculty are invited to submit a specific play, or
suggest an author, style or genre. It’s easy to submit through this form
<https://forms.gle/pFFGaev469P7jJgn6>. For the 2024-25 Season:

   -

   We’ll be looking for plays that offer diverse voices to be heard on
   stage: consider playwrights, characters represented and role
   representation. Scripts that can offer the ability to spur campus wide
   discussion of anti-racism are very welcome.
   -

   We are looking for submissions that are predominantly comedic, uplifting
   or satirical. We will not be choosing anything Victorian.
   -

   We practice non-traditional casting regarding gender and race (being
   open to casting options when gender/race/ability is not germane to the
   character). Due to our casting pool, note that a cast of 10 men and 2 women
   will not likely be a top contender.
   -

   As you look over character breakdown, scripts featuring transgender or
   gender neutral roles will be prioritized.
   -

   Smaller cast size submissions will be prioritized (max 7).
   -

   We are open to submissions of smaller musicals.
   -

   Submissions are due by Oct. 27th, 2023.

We look forward to seeing your suggestions!

--
Alicia Bailey
she/her