[Important] Student Health Insurance Medicaid Update

From: Chris Parker <parkerc_at_beloit.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 15:28:34 -0500

Dear Beloit students,

At the beginning of the summer we mentioned to you that students with out
of state Medicaid (other than IL) would no longer be eligible to waive out
of the Wellfleet insurance. While we still believe that local health
coverage is beneficial to our students, we have recently reconsidered our
position on this waiver. Going forward, students with out of state Medicaid
will be allowed to waive out of the student health insurance if desired.

Please note that out of state Medicaid plans only cover emergency room
visits for health emergencies out of state. They do not cover routine
health maintenance visits, sick visits, imaging, mental health or pharmacy
benefits. Please be familiar with the coverage of your particular state
before waiving out of the student health insurance.

If you have previously been denied a waiver based on having out of state
Medicaid coverage, your waiver should now reflect an approved status. You
can double check this by logging into your Wellfleet
<https://wellfleetstudent.com/> account.

If you have Wellfleet coverage in place and would like to waive because you
are covered by out of state Medicaid, please fill out the waiver on the
Wellfleet site by Friday, August 18th. If you have any questions, please
email healthcenter_at_beloit.edu or call 608-363-2331.

Best,

Chris

--
*Chris Parker, BSN, RN*